Post Graduate Diploma in Humanitarian Leadership and Management Course Overview
Humanitarian personnel experience tremendous challenges when managing teams to deliver humanitarian actions. To effectively manage humanitarian teams and realize the expected results especially in crisis or pressured situations, leadership and management skills become critical. This course is designed and moderated by professional humanitarians with the objective of transforming the leadership offered by humanitarian organizations. Humanitarian Leadership examines the values, principles methodologies and challenges that underscore humanitarian operations. The course goes beyond theory. Using real-life examples, the course is designed to empower national and international managers within the aid system so they can acquire skills to manage their teams and positively impact on communities and organizations involved in humanitarian operations.
- Promote humanitarian standards and principles in managing crisis situations
- Develop capacity to work with humanitarian teams effectively
- Acquire values expected of those working in humanitarian situations
- Acquire tools for designing and effectively managing humanitarian programmes
- Focus on results based approach in managing humanitarian operations
- Communicate effectively in humanitarian and hostile environments
Minimum entry requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable.
The following shall be eligible for admission.
- a) Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- b) Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognized Institution.
Assignments: candidates shall be expected to submit 10 assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1200
Course duration: 1 year (2 semesters)