CERTIFICATE IN MANAGING PEOPLE AND PROJECTS DURING EMERGENCIES
HI 002: CERTIFICATE IN MANAGING PEOPLE AND PROJECTS DURING EMERGENCIES
Exceptional management skills are a prerequisite for an effective response to disasters and emergencies. Managing people is one of the biggest challenges in an emergency situation as everything is dependent on human response. Handling people as well as executing projects can be a hurdle at times; however, being in a position to deliver quality outputs on time and under pressure is very important during an emergency.
The course focuses on theoretical as well as the practical application of management tools, techniques, and approaches in the field and on the nature of working in humanitarian response. At the end of the course, learners should have internalized all the management competencies while examining them in theoretical and practical humanitarian context as well as apply the techniques for managing people and projects to the humanitarian context.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- The nature and impact of emergencies
- Qualities of an effective manager in humanitarian response
- People Management skills
- Assessment and management of risk
- Collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders
- Managing conflict in teams
- Monitoring and evaluating the project, and reporting on progress
- Assessing needs and securing funding for emergency projects
- Accountability and particularity to beneficiaries
Course Begins on the 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €400