Diploma in Budget Formulation, Implementation, Management & Control
Better budgets can boost your department and career to higher levels of performance and success. Savvy executives use the budgeting process to take stock of their direction, refine their goals, and share their mission with their staff. Their budgeting reveals their position in the market, places untapped resources at their command, and motivates all employees to greater levels of productivity. They use their budgets to propel them towards the top of their industry.
The aim of this course is to equip managers and heads of departments entrusted with departmental or organizational budgets with skills and knowledge to enable them effectively formulate budgets, manage and monitor the budgets implementation to ensure that the budgeting process is helping the organization achieve its objectives.
This course also equips managers with skills to put in place corrective budgetary actions. Managers who have gone through this course are well positioned to be productively involved in the budgeting process and better positioned to deliver on their budgets; – they own their budgets, explain variances when they occur and take corrective remedial actions in good time.
At the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Describe what a budget is;
- Understand how budgets are used;
- Use some budgetary control techniques;
- Identify ways of measuring performance levels;
- Identify techniques for preparing more accurate, realistic, and reliable estimates
- Control and variance analysis devices that signal revenue, cost, and operations thresholds
- Budgeting :How and Why
- Parts of a Budget
- Mastering the Budgeting Process
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Master Budgets
- Planning and Budgeting a Project
- Zero base Budgeting :Priority Budgeting for the best Resource Allocation
- Variance analysis
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
- Access to course materials on E-Learning Platform
- Online interaction with Course Moderators
- Monthly assignments
- 15-20 Page Project Paper
- End of Course Examination
Cost: Amount €1000 per Person