Certificate in Managing Humanitarian Projects and Organizations
The future of many organizations depends on their ability to manage projects, programs and portfolios of projects. Skills in this area are in demand and continue to be in high demand.
The course will be examining the inner workings of projects by analyzing the characteristics of effective programs, which bring together a series of projects for mutually supportive and concerted action. The course will pay particular attention to programs selected from the areas where the international public sector entities are most active, particularly post-conflict relief and development, and case studies will be reviewed to gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between policy and management of implementation.
By the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Design a program of action based on clear policy directives
- Draft a comprehensive project document and to monitor and evaluate the implementation of an ongoing program with a view of recommending corrective action.
- Have skills in awareness of the unplanned problems that may arise while they manage their projects and will have developed a toolkit of materials which will assist them effectively address project design and management challenges.
- International development project design and implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation methods
- Innovations and the practice of impact evaluation for organizational learning
- Management of monitoring and evaluation functions and teams
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods for field-based monitoring and evaluation
- Historical contexts and critiques of monitoring and evaluation
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
All materials are made available through our online learning platform
Course duration: 3 months
Course fee: €500
Regions targeted: Global
Language: English and French