Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management Course Overview
Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is a multi-disciplinary programme that exposes Participants to various disciplines that are appropriate to the development of planning giving special emphasis to the planning and management of development projects and programmes.
The programme is designed to train participants in project planning and management at urban, rural and regional levels; produce professionals with a firm theoretical and practical background in planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes at different spatial levels and equip students with research skills on project planning and management.
It is recognized as the most appropriate form of management for the new generation of managers who are asked to handle multi-disciplinary projects in a rapidly changing business environment. Its benefits are increasingly being used to improve management performance in areas that were not previously thought of as project driven. To deal with the ever-changing business environments, many nations, organizations and individuals are turning to Project Management for guaranteed results on time, within the budget and according to quality specifications.
Surprisingly, Project Managers and Scholars of Project Management have neglected the subject of planning and effectively managing projects, which is supposed to facilitate and sustain Project /Programme success. Sustainability of Project or programmer’s results depends on the successful design and Implementation of established systems in any given Project/Programme. This depends on how well the project is planned and managed.
- Conceptualize, perceive, start and develop projects in a changing global environment.
- Understand analytical tools, principles and concepts of project identification, appraisal implementation and review.
- Equip students with skills necessary to identify the needs of a particular area and to develop projects to meet those needs.
- Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies and behavior attitudes that can enable to implement projects effectively and effectively.
- Provide skills and knowledge in monitoring and evaluating the performance and impact of development projects.
- Module 1. Project Management Theory and Practice
- Module 2. Project Budgeting & Financial Management
- Module 3. Monitoring & Evaluation: Paradigms, Principles & Concepts
- Module 4. Infrastructure Planning & Management
- Module 5. Project Implementation Analysis & Management
- Module 6. Risk Management in Projects &Programmes
- Module 7. Project Leadership & Decision Making
- Module 8. Project Procurement Management
- Module 9. Thesis Research and Submission
Assignments: candidates shall be expected to submit 10 assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1200
Course duration: 1 year (2 semesters)