Post Graduate Diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development
Poverty reduction is the ultimate measure of development effectiveness. Serious research into the problematic and contested relationship between notions of gender, poverty, and development continues to blossom. The postgraduate diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development is designed to address issues of gender, poverty and development, educate decision-makers in the formulation of gender sensitive policies, and to apply gender knowledge and skills that are essential to all careers, such as, social work, institutional management, and legal systems among others. Gender knowledge is currently indispensable in development fields and poverty alleviation endeavors.
the fundamental aim of this programme is to equip the student with appropriate applied knowledge, skills and attitudes related to gender poverty and development. At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Identify and analyze the importance of gender equity in relation to poverty and development in the society.
- Sensitize the community on gender issues through advocacy, counseling, gender theories and practices.
- Analyze and improve organizational capacities with regard to planning and implementation of gender strategies.
- Incorporate gender in planning and implementation of development projects.
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge for gender mainstreaming in their fields of specialization.
- Definitions and indicators of poverty
- Inequality and development
- Causes of poverty and inequality
- Poverty reduction strategies
- Cross-cutting issues such as gender and conflict
- Aid and Poverty: the Political Economy of International Development Assistance
- Climate Change and Development
- Competing in the Green Economy
- Development in Cities
- Governance of Violent Conflict and Insecurity
- Health and Development
- Poverty, Violence and Conflict
- Reflective and Creative Practice for Social Change
- The Politics of Gender.
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1200
Course duration: 1 year (2 semesters)