Diploma in Economics for Managers
This course is especially designed for persons in management positions and provides an examination of economic principles and theories essential to an understanding of current economic problems and economic policy analysis. The syllabus includes both micro and macroeconomics. The essentials of microeconomics are examined, including the theory of market systems and the price mechanism, consumer demand theory, resource allocation and the theory of the firm concentrating on production and cost analysis principles. The macroeconomics component examines the inter-relationship between the main economic variables. Microeconomic reform and fiscal and monetary policy measures are examined and related to economic problems of unemployment, inflation and slow economic growth.
After successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Explain and apply fundamental economic theories and concepts to the management of a business;
- Critically analyze the economic context in which business operates
- Evaluate the economic and policy environment internationally and apply to the decision making of businesses.
- The global economy
- Consumer confidence and policy effects
- Currencies, crises and cryptos
- Measuring economic health: The current account
- Measuring economic health: The labor market
- Economic shocks
- Social peace and political factors
- Creating economic sustainability
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
Course duration: 6 months
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees: €800