DIPLOMA COURSE IN HUMANITARIAN NURSING
Disasters and conflicts have a direct impact on health situation. Nursing and general health service delivery within humanitarian context are a complex processes that requires special skills and psychological preparations. Nursing expertise is recognized to be essential skill but is not sufficient for one to participate in humanitarian work. Understanding the affected community, cultures and good preparation contributes to humanitarian work effectiveness.
The aim of this course is to prepare health professionals especially nurses for humanitarian work. Learners will develop skills to be able to manage issues and problems that arise in complex humanitarian environments with reference to health service delivery.
Learners will gain great understanding of humanitarian principles, values and ethical issues in practicing humanitarian nursing. They will also learn about humanitarian programme cycle and how effective health management benefits this programming. Public and clinical health issues that face vulnerable groups in humanitarian situations will be explored.
To better prepare nurses and other health personnel to undertake humanitarian work effectively.
- Introduction to Humanitarian Operations
- Humanitarian Values and Principles
- Understanding the Cultures of the Community Affected
- Personal Preparedness for Nursing Vulnerable Populations
- Principles and Practice of Public Health
- Disaster Healthcare Management
- Nursing and midwifery in humanitarian environments
- Psychological and Mental Health Management
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of each month.
- Access to course materials on E-Learning Platform
- Online interaction with Course Moderators
- Monthly assignments
- 15-20 Page Project Paper
- End of Course Examination
Cost: Amount €800 per Person